New Zealand’s South Island is often considered one of the most stunning places on earth to visit. Because of its vibrant cities and numerous historical landmarks, however, the North Island attracts much more attention. In fact, the South Island only contains about 23% of the total country’s population! Although it’s sparsely populated, this island offers plenty of gorgeous landmarks, glaciers, mountains, and views to feast your eyes upon. There are also plenty of activities and adventures to partake in as well. The great news about visiting the South Island is that because so many of the attractions are outdoors, they are usually free! Here’s our pick of the top ten free things to do on this breathtaking Kiwi island.
About Walkabout Wanderer
Kathy is the face behind Walkabout Wanderer. In 2008 she went from package holidays to travelling solo around the world. Having visited over 60 countries, her passion is exploring the road less travelled and being immersed in different cultures.
Most popular posts:
- Driving Picos de Europa National Park, Northern Spain
- Egirdir Travel Tips: 10 Things to Do in Egirdir, Turkey
- How to Pack Liquids in Hand Luggage: Complete Guide
- Food in South Korea: Vegetarian Nightmare
- A Tourist Guide To Istanbul, Turkey: 10 Free Things To Do.
- A Tourist Guide To Tours, France: 10 Free Things To Do.
- Why You Should Visit Orleans France and What To See